Vision, Mission and Values
VISION, MISSION AND VALUES
VISION: (Mathew 11 verse 29: take my yoke upon you and learn from me)
“In our pursuit of excellence we adopt a progressive, comprehensive approach to education based on Biblical values”
MISSION STATEMENT: (Proverbs 22 verse 6 – train a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not turn from it)
Southcity Christian Schools is committed to:
- The recognition of Jesus Christ as Lord, and the development of a personal relationship with Him for all pupils and staff.
- The provision of a loving and caring environment to nurture and develop each individual.
- The achievement of each individual’s maximum potential according to his/her talents.
- An education that is life-skills based, developing pupils with a Godly character.
- Providing sporting, cultural and outdoor opportunities to develop the whole child.
- A Focus on Christian leadership and service into the community.
To educate young men and women who will make a positive contribution to society, being well equipped and prepared for whatever course they choose to take.
- Uphold a high standard of academic discipline.
- Complement this by a loving Christian environment using the Fundamental Truths found in the Bible as the only Word of God.
As a school we aim to create an ethos that is shared by pupils and staff alike. We hope that these values will impact the families represented at Southcity Christian Schools, and that the community will embrace that which the school is working towards.
The foundation of the school is centred on Jesus Christ and the recognition that He is our Lord and Saviour.
The school ethos must be based on a common love for one another, strengthened with the qualities of humility, gentleness, kindness, patience and self-control.
Each individual is accountable to the Lord for their lives. We must strive to be honest at all times and loyal to our God, our families and friends, and our school.
We recognize that all people are God’s children, and that through consideration for and forgiveness of one another, we can create a better world for all to live in.
Through commitment, self discipline and the striving for excellence, each of us can fulfil that role set out for us, and succeed in those talents God has given each one of us.